Ongoing research projects:
- Structural damage detection in infrastructures and buildings combining advanced geomatic techniques and stochastic analysis methods (National Research Plan).
- Inland wetlands of Northern Iberian Peninsula: management and restauration of mines and wet environments (European Project: Tremedal - Life Nature).
- Increasing yield on Tungsten and Tantalum ore production by means of advanced and flexible control on crushing, milling and separation process (European Project: H2020).
- BLOFOR: graphic simulation environment for forensic analysis ofrockfall (Regional research plan)
Ongoing contracts with companies
- UMIR: Measurement unit for remote inspection.
- Research in new multivariate model of CTOD value according to the microstructural, mechanical and chemical properties of thick welds in the Offshore Wind Energy Sector.
- Algorithms for error propagation of topographic measurements to perimeter, area and volume estimation: implementation in the commercial software MDT.
Software Developed by this group
- BLOFOR: Software for forensic analysis of rock block stability (https://sites.google.com/site/bloforoca)
- ALMED Software for strain-deformation analysis of continuous media using finite difference methods.
- TUNELPLAN: Software for planning tunnel scanning
- PrisModel: Software for 3D geological modelling (http://igd.webs.uvigo.es/PrisModel/)